Your vacation rental home will feature all the comforts of home, plus a few coastal elements that will make you just want to come back year after year! But, when renting a vacation home, there are just a few things you should be sure to bring with you!
Please find a pretty comprehensive list below that has been put together by our traveling gurus here at Starfish Realty!
If you plan on cooking in, you will want to remember to bring all of the basics. Most homes will not stock the following items:
- Paper towels/napkins
- Ziploc bags
- Trash bags
- Aluminum foil and plastic wrap; plastic storage containers
- Dishwashing detergent, dishwasher detergent
- Cream, sugar and coffee
- Coffee filters
- Salt, pepper and cooking spices
- Any condiments you will need
- Hand soap
- Laundry detergent
- All-purpose cleaners
- Sponge/wash rag and kitchen towels
You will find there are some items left behind by very generous guests and there are times when the owners will stock some basics for you, such as one roll of toilet paper and hand soap. But, it is always best to just be prepared!
- Bath soap
- Toilet paper
- Shampoo/conditioner and other bathing essentials
Planning on hitting the beach?
Topsail Island has gorgeous beaches and we assume you are here to enjoy them! You will want to bring all of your beach gear!
- Bathing suits and cover ups
- Beach bag
- Sun glasses
- Beach towels
- Books and magazines
- Ipod, phone or music with headphones
- Beach cooler
- Plastic cups, koozies
- Beach toys/equipment including chairs, umbrella, blanket and games
For your Pet:
- Water bowl and bottles of fresh water
- Doggy towel for drying off
- Dog first aide kit
- Poop scooper/plastic bags
- Toys for the beach, ball, floating toy, chew toy
- Doggy Life jacket
- Doggy sunscreen
- Doggy Gate
Items for Family Fun and Family in General:
You will want to plan for sunny days and for rainy days. Active times and resting times.
- Bicycle, games and toys
- Music speaker
- CD’s DVD’s or your Pandora password!
- Baby Gate, high chair, portable crib
- Fishing pole and tackle
- Writing/journaling materials; good book
Personal Items that you don’t want to leave at home!
- Eye glasses
- Cell phone and charger
- Prescriptions and medications
- Your sunscreen! Beach towel or blanket.